Mango delightRecipes — By Editor on May 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM
It’s the season of the king of fruits – Mango. The Punekar got Chef Mayur Tiwari of Pune Marriott Hotels and Convention Centre to give us two of his favourite mango recipes to try out this summers. Take a look!
RAW MANGO ARUGULA SALAD
30 gm Arugula
10 gm Asparagus
10 gm Cherry tomato
10 gm Bell peppers
25 ml Butter milk
10 ml Lime juice
20 ml sour cream
- Take the lettuces wash them in cold water.
- Clean all other vegetables. Cut the peppers and give them grilled marks.
- Make dressing of mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take a mixing bowl, put the lettuces along with all vegetables, pour the dressing over and mix it properly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Portion the salad in a serving bowl.
- Garnish the salad with chop parsley.
500 gm raw mango
15 gm Black salt
15 gm roasted cumin seed
20 gm mint leaves
20 gm sugar
- Peel, wash and cut mangoes into pieces.
- Combine the mango pieces along with the seeds and
- Little water in a pressure pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then strain.
- Add the sugar, salt and cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Refrigerate till it is cool.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses with a few mint leaves on top
About Chef Mayur Tiwari
Armed with a Diploma in Hotel Management and Training Technology, and numerous other professional trainings – Chef Mayur is quite the Accomplished Chef de cuisine. The chef started his culinary journey with a strong combination of culinary experience and management skills coupled with award-winning menu preparation. He is now a part of the all day dining restaurant at the Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre-The Spice Kitchen.
The chef has many awards to his credit, including the Hystar Grid for serving high quality food and service to the guest, Successful Food Promotion at Grand Hyatt Shanghai Nov’08 and Successful Food Promotion at Grand Hyatt Seoul during 8thFeb -22nd Feb’07.
In his career spanning eight and a half years Chef Mayur has won many awards and accolades and firmly believes that his journey in the world of food has just begun.